New Years Resolutions. Hate them. To me, it’s a perfect way to set completely unrealistic expectations and make you feel like the biggest failure when you inevitably, don’t achieve everything.
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. But I DO set goals for myself for the year. Random things that I want to achieve for the year ahead.
Last year, I wanted to;
- Laugh more (totally achievable with my boyfriend)
- Explore Sydney
- Be Brave (took on a massive new job that I didn’t think I could do)
- Separate work and home (I didn’t pull this off all the time, BUT, I was better than the year before… progress.)
- Save $50 a week (EPIC FAIL – I live in SYDNEY)
- Eat green veggies every day (OK – 5 out of 7.)
I had a year of ups and downs… and didn’t achieve everything I set out to, particularly my fitness goals… but in the grand scheme of the year, upon reflection, I did pretty OK… So I’m happy.
I really want to set some different intentions for this year; set really specific goals, master them, and tick them off my list.
- Learn to make decent rice paper rolls. (Every time I go out to get them, the salad is soggy and shitty, there’s nowhere near enough prawn filling and dipping sauce.)
- Pick 20 books from the Amazon.com 100 books to read in a lifetime list and read them. (http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8192263011)
- Start training regularly. (And start with 3 days for 40 minutes. This isn’t hard for me… I just have to pull my head out of my ass and be uncomfortable for a month.)
- Cut down my caffeine intake. The only time I drink water is when it’s boiling hot with a shot or two of coffee in it. My adrenal glands are crying tears laced with coffee. Time to stop.
- The same goes for my wine intake. I don’t drink to get drunk, I drink because I LOVE the taste of wine… BUT, I need to love the taste of wine a little less frequently.
- Take more photos and display them around the house.
- Write more. I want to commit to one blog a fortnight, so 26 for next year!
- Get away for weekends a little more with the boyfriend.
What are you all planning to do this year? I’d love to hear…
Stay tuned, I’m about to compile my book list for 2016…